I’m currently sitting in a Good Night Inn in Northampton. Up until 13 hours ago, I didn’t know Good Night Inns even existed. Well, up until 13 hours ago I thought I was staying in a Premier Inn. Someone re-branded the whole hotel and forgot to inform us. Good one.
But it’s not all bad. I’m in Northampton for a few days to see one of my wonderful friends from my News Associates journalism course get married. It’s my first time up here so I’m looking forward to seeing more of the area. I should have some time tomorrow to have a wander around before hopping on the train back to London.
But enough about that for now, let’s have a look at what September held for The Cosy Traveller…
One of the biggest developments in my personal life this month was that I got another ginger kitten. Yep, all my friends are getting married, and I’m taking in all the strays. I’ve named him Ralph and he’s just perfect, despite having a rough start in life. He’s around 9 weeks old and my other two cats (Rosie and Jim) are making him feel very welcome, snuggling up to him when he bundles up to them for a squish. It’s just too much…
And on the professional side of things, I was stoked when my blog on losing my passport in Amsterdam was named ‘Blog of the Week’ on Wanderlust.co.uk. Wanderlust is my travel bible, so I was floating on cloud 9 for weeks after finding out.
The month began with a weekend trip to York for a hen do (for the friend getting married today!), and ended with an impromptu trip up the ArcelorMittal Orbit in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford.
What I’ve Been Writing…
- By far the most popular post this month was my review of the Backstage Hotel, Amsterdam, which was far too cool for me to stay in.
- I’ve also brought to you information on an awesome competition being run by Photoworld – next week is your last chance to enter to win a seriously cool camera, so get your entries in now!
- The lovely Aggy from Dream, Explore, Wander asked me to talk about the 5 cities I would return to in a heartbeat.
- I tried out some personalised magnets from Picstick which inject some well-needed colour into my kitchen. PLUS – there’s a 25% off code so you can get a bunch too!
- I got personal by talking about my anxiety in networking events and sharing some of the ways in which I cope with talking to strangers for hours on end…
What I’ve Been Reading…
- Endings, Beginnings, Big Changes and What’s Next – by Adventurous Kate
- Flying First Class With Virgin Atlantic – by The Travelista (serious envy right here.)
- 7 Tips For More Annual Leave & More Holidays – by Taylor Hearts Travel (stay tuned for a similar post I’ve got coming soon on this!)
So, after Northampton I’ve got a few weeks to play with before I fly to Athens for TBEX. The event gives bloggers a chance to mix with PRs, sponsors and all kinds of travel-related people. It’s my first time attending so I’m not really sure what to expect. I’d love your tips if you’ve got them!
Of course, I don’t want to be stuck in a conference hall for four days solid, so I’ll also be exploring more of the city. Again, I’d love your tips on what to see and do while out there!
I have a few more exciting plans lined up before Christmas…I can’t say too much just yet, but I can’t wait to tell you all about them!