Exciting news, lovely readers: The Cosy Traveller has been nominated for its first Blog Award! Many thanks to the wonderful Mariella from Bridgekeeping Traveller for nominating me (follow her on Twitter at @bridgekeeptrav). I think it’s a great idea to introduce others to new travel blogs that you’ve got your eye on!
So what is the Liebster Blog Award? Very good question. The rules are:
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you!
- Make sure the blogs you choose have 200 or less followers (like Mariella, I tried to take this from ‘likes’ on Facebook!)
11 random facts about me…
1. I’m addicted to TV shows. Anything from House to Keeping Up with the Kardashians to Red Dwarf. I will watch anything and everything.
2. I love Martial Art films – my favourite’s ‘Ip Man’ and I’ve recently started classes in Wing Chun.
3. I will (hopefully) graduate with a BA in History this year, and hope to move into Magazine Journalism.
4. I’m fascinated by extreme weather – anything from volcanoes to earthquakes to tornadoes.
5. I’m currently writing my dissertation on Women in Early Modern England.
6. My favourite spot in London is Russell Square.
7. I can’t cook. At all. I can’t think of anything worse to do. But I love eating…
8. If I *ever* win the lottery, the first thing I’ll do is buy my mum a house.
9. I have another cat called Rosie – she’s a 19 year old Tabby cat but prefers the quiet life…unlike Jim who causes mayhem wherever he goes.
10. My perfume of choice is Marc Jacob’s Daisy, and I prefer gold jewellery to silver.
11. My ultimate destination is the Maldives.
My answers to the 11 questions from Mariella…
1. What’s your favorite book? The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy is an absolute classic – and Douglas Adams is a genius.
2. Have you ever fallen in love with a place at first sight? Which one? This would have to be New York! At JFK we jumped into a cab to get to our hotel. As we drove into Manhattan and I caught my first sight of the Chrysler Building, I burst into happy tears!
3. What can home provide you with that travel can’t? Hands down: my cat. But then again, I always manage to find a cat abroad that I adopt for a little while…
4. If you were to receive a package in the mail today, what should its content be? Ideally – a travel book would be lovely for some inspiration. Realistically – most likely an awful DVD I’ve ordered off Amazon while bored.
5. Do you prefer solo travel or do you like it better to have a companion? I may get some flack for this, but I absolutely love travelling with someone. But not just anyone: I like people who you can sit with comfortably in silence for a while and who has the same interests as you.
6. What made you start your blog? I started this blog in Autumn 2012 after a summer of travelling. I wanted a place to keep track of all my memories and pictures and a blog seemed like the perfect place – plus I’m awful at putting scrapbooks together.
7. What has blogging taught you about yourself? Blogging has taught me that when I’m passionate about something I can put my all into it. It has also introduced me to many wonderful people and I’m so thankful I started this blog up!
8. Name your ultimate travel song that everyone should have on their MP3 player for long bus or train rides. Something fast to get you pumping and awake (if, like me, you happen to fall asleep in random places). At the moment I have Rihanna’s ‘Where Have You Been’ on repeat.
9. What language would you most like to be fluent in? I have a love/hate relationship with the German language and have been trying to learn for the best part of 10 years now. I still haven’t mastered it, but I’m determined!
10. Facebook, twitter or pinterest, which do you like best and why? I would have to say Facebook. Twitter at times can be a bit too fast paced for me, and I like the mix of visual/written ideas on Facebook.
11. By what words would you convince someone to travel who has never done it before? Until you travel, you’ll never know what you’re missing! Explore the world and you won’t regret it.
11 Questions to the 11 Bloggers I nominate…
1. Do you prefer luxury or budget travel?
2. What’s the best thing about blogging?
3. What’s your best tip for saving money for travelling?
4. What’s the one food dish you miss when you’re away from home?
5. Do you have a favourite airline?
6. If you could only visit one country for the rest of your life, where would it be?
7. What’s your favourite film?
8. What’s the worst place you’ve visited?
9. What’s your biggest regret?
10. Do you prefer many short, cheap trips or a big, luxury holiday?
11. What one thing would you like to accomplish in 2013?
My 11 Nominees…
(apologies if you have already been nominated – but just take it as a sign that your travel blogging is very much appreciated!)